THAI Serves Authentic Japanese Food on Bangkok Japan Routes
Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI) collaborated with The Okura Prestige Bangkok to launch the “World Elegance the Washoku” project in order to serve authentic Japanese menu or “Washoku” on board THAI flights. The “Washoku” menu was designed by two Okura Prestige chefs for THAI Royal First and Royal Silk passengers on flights to Japan from April to June 2019.
Chef Shigeru Hagiwara, Master Chef of Yamazato Restaurant at the Okura Prestige Bangkok, winner of two Michelin Plates from Michelin Guide Thailand 2018 and 2019 and Chef Tadashi Sawauchi, from Yamazato Restaurant at the Okura Prestige Tokyotogether, designed “Washoku” meal courses. This simple yet sophisticated Japanese food is superb in taste and health benefits, created for THAI Royal First and Royal Silk passengers traveling onboard flights between Bangkok and four cities in Japan, namely Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, and Fukuoka. Inspired by the beauty of four seasons in Japan, the meal courses are intended to generate infinite satisfaction among THAI’s Royal First and Royal Silk passengers.
This service will be available on flights listed below:
- TG676 Bangkok-Tokyo (Narita): breakfast menu for Royal First and Royal Silk passengers
- TG672 Bangkok-Osaka: breakfast menu for Royal Silk passengers
- TG646 Bangkok-Nagoya: lunch menu for Royal Silk passengers
- TG660 Bangkok-Tokyo (Haneda): dinner menu for Royal First and Royal Silk passengers
- TG623 Osaka-Bangkok and TG683 Tokyo (Haneda)- Bangkok: lunch menu for Royal First and Royal Silk passengers
- TG641 and TG643 Tokyo (Narita)-Bangkok, TG645 Nagoya-Bangkok, TG649 Fukuoka-Bangkok, TG673 Osaka-Bangkok: lunch menu for Royal Silk passengers
- TG677 Tokyo (Narita)-Bangkok: dinner menu for Royal First and Royal Silk passengers
Mrs. Varangkana Luerojvong (sixth from left), THAI Managing Director, Catering Department, Mr. Sudhiratr Siriplanond (third from left), THAI Acting Vice President, In-flight Services Department, Mr. Masaya Hasebe (second from left), the Okura Prestige Bangkok Executive Assistant Manager, Chef Shigeru Hagiwara (fourth from left), Master Chef of The Okura Prestige Bangkok’s Yamazato Restaurant, and Chef Jun Uenishi (fifth from left), THAI Catering Japanese Chef, attended the press conference event at THAI’s Catering Department.
For information on flight schedules, passengers may check on thaiairways.com or call the THAI Contact Center at Tel. + 66(0)2-356-1111, 24-hours a day.