Celebrity Cruises releases 2020 to 21 Sailings
Celebrity Cruises has today announced deployment for the upcoming 2020-21 season, boasting more than 280 ports in 77 countries, 169 overnight stays and many firsts for the cruise line.
The brand is introducing more new cities and overnight stays than ever before, as part of a USD$500 million modernisation in partnership with more than 500 leading architects, designers, and engineers designed to bring the rest of the brand’s award-winning fleet to the Edge.
Travellers will also have the opportunity to experience the world on four more newly modernised ships, as Celebrity introduces redesigned accommodations, reimagined spaces, and state-of-the-art experiences across the brand’s already award-winning fleet. With exciting new ports in Chile, Brazil, and Japan, and unforgettable, curated excursions – from the tip of Antarctica to the peak of Machu Picchu – choosing which new places to discover first will be an adventure of its own.
CELEBRITY ECLIPSE AND SOLSTICE TO CALL AUSTRALIA HOME
- Fresh out of dry-dock, the newly modernised 2850-guest, 120,000 tonne Celebrity Eclipse will journey to a new homeport, Melbourne, Australia, where the redesigned ship will offer eight- to 14-night sailings through New Zealand – her maiden voyage – and Australia.
- Her sister ship, Celebrity Solstice will call Sydney home; together, they will cruise more than 40 destinations – the most ever in the region – offering opportunities to discover the lush landscapes and volcanic mountains of New Zealand, the rugged outback of Australia, the majesty of the Great Barrier Reef, as well as Tasmania and the islands of the South Pacific, including Fiji. This includes four turnarounds for Auckland including a 13-night South Pacific return sailing.
- Vice President and Managing Director, RCL Cruises, Australia and New Zealand Susan Bonner said the decision to homeport two ships in the region is testament to the strength of the Australian industry, and to how popular Australia is to international and domestic tourists.
- “2020 will be a season of firsts for our Celebrity Cruises in Australia, winner of over 150 global awards. It will be the first time we base two Solstice-class ships here, the first time we homeport out of Melbourne, and Eclipse will be our first Australian ship to return completely revolutionised. These ships are truly beautiful, and their food, wine and design focus resonates so well with discerning Australian guests looking for modern luxury holidays,” said Susan.
- Celebrity Solstice and Celebrity Eclipse will also sail four unique Hawaii itineraries offering travellers the opportunity to sail from island to island on 10- to 13-night cruises.
CELEBRITY CONSTELLATION AND MILLENNIUM BRING THE REVOLUTION TO ASIA
- Celebrity is introducing more port visits longer than 10 hours and more overnights than ever before. Plus, sailing this captivating corner of the world will be more luxurious than ever, as both Celebrity Constellation and Celebrity Millennium will have been completely reimagined through the cruise line’s $500 million modernisation, the Celebrity Revolution.
- After completing its stunning modernisation, Celebrity Constellation will offer 15-night itineraries from Dubai and Singapore, bringing travellers to the dynamic city of Mumbai, and a stop in the ancient gateway city of Penang, Malaysia. Aboard Celebrity Constellation, travellers will have the opportunity to visit up to seven countries in one sailing, plus extended time to discover the iconic Taj Mahal and Agra Fort in India.
- Celebrity Millennium will once again explore all that Asia has to offer with in-depth, 14-night sailings. Her itinerary includes Hanoi, new port of call, Ishigaki, hosting some of Japan’s finest beaches and an overnight stay in exciting Osaka, Japan’s second largest city. From Osaka, travellers can easily explore more places in Japan, including Kobe and Kyoto.
CELEBRITY SILHOUETTE SETS SAIL TO SOUTH AMERICA
- Following her modernisation in early 2020, Celebrity Silhouette will sail to South America for the first time, bringing travellers to more South American destinations than ever before – 30 cities across nine countries. Among them is a new port of call: Salvador, Brazil.
- The new Peruvian Explorer itinerary takes travellers to Pisco, Peru, and offers a two-night stay in Lima, ensuring enough time for shore excursions to Machu Picchu and the Amazon. From the beaches and nightlife of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, to the cosmopolitan streets and fine wines of Buenos Aires, Argentina, and from the rain forests of the Amazon to the icy landscapes of Antarctica, Celebrity Silhouette will transport travellers to some of the most unforgettable places in the world.
To learn more about Celebrity’s 2020-21 deployment or to book a sailing, visit www.celebritycruises.com/2020-2021-sailings