Set against a dramatic backdrop of rugged mountains, Al Bustan Palace InterContinental Muscat lies solitary amid an emerald green oasis with 200 acres of lush beachfront landscaping, overlooking the glittering azure waters of the Gulf of Oman.
The iconic property has recently undergone a multi-million dollar refurbishment to both the interior and exterior that will see it surpass its palatial past and position it as one of the most luxurious resorts in the world.
From the majesty of the 38 meter high lobby, complete with its exquisite centre-piece crystal chandelier and crystal fountain, the Hotel will further enhance its reputation as the ‘Jewel of the Sultanate.’
PALATIAL ROOMS & SUITES
Meticulously designed for comfort and convenience, the 200 rooms and 50 suites have been uniquely appointed to reflect both local traditions and art deco influences, exuding the richness of Arabian culture, art and history. The intricate work of the handcrafted wall coverings and the unique materials used bring the rooms to life.
All rooms and suites have private balconies and are fully equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and services.
· Bustan Room (40sqm) Located on the second and third floors, all rooms have a balcony with views of the sea or the Gardens.
· Deluxe Room (40sqm) Contemporary yet classically styled all rooms have a private balcony with views of the mountains or the sea. Located on the fifth and sixth floors.
· Bustan Studio (60sqm) Accommodating up to three people, the deluxe studio has stunning views overlooking the palatial gardens and pools and includes a small living area.
· Al Bustan Lagoon Access Room (40 sqm) Located on the first floor the individually designed rooms have a 16 sqm terrace with a direct private access to a lagoon pool.
· Executive Suite (80sqm) Elegantly appointed suites featuring a stylish master bedroom with a separate dressing area as well as a contemporary lounge and dining room. Includes a private balcony with panoramic views of the beautiful Gulf of Oman or the Hajjar mountains. Located on the seventh and eight floors.
· Presidential Suite (300sqm) Spacious and luxurious suites featuring two master bedrooms and a large sitting room and dining area. Located on the eighth floor, the exclusive suites also feature an intimate library, an office, a fully-equipped kitchen and private balconies with spectacular panoramic views of the Gulf of Oman or the Hajjar mountains.
GUEST ROOM FACILITIES
All rooms and suites are equipped with state-of-the-art amenities and services for a more comfortable and pleasant stay.
· The latest in-room entertainment technology with video-on-demand
· 42” flat screen LCD television
· DVD player on Request
· Satellite radio channels
· DID and ISDN telephone lines
· Bathroom telephone
· High speed internet access
· Voice mail
· Tea/coffee making facility
· Electronic in-room safe
· Iron and Iron board
· 24 hour room service
· 24 hour laundry
· Valet service
For all rooms and suites categories:
o Fruits placed in rooms and suites on arrival and replenished daily.
o Mineral water in rooms and suites replenished daily.
o Tea & Coffee making facilities in rooms and suites.
o Local newspaper daily in rooms and suites.
o Mini Bar (non-alcoholic) COMPLIMENTARY (cola / diet cola / tonic water / imported still and sparkling water / fruit juice ). Consumed items restocked once a day.
Safety features include door viewer, door chain, sprinklers, smoke
RESTAURANTS & BARS
At Al Bustan Palace, exceptional cuisine combines with the most exquisite views and styles.
Diverse choices between the authentic and the modern can be savoured in many different ambiences. The settings include stunning views from terraces overlooking the unique gardens and the Gulf of Oman, or of the unique Palace itself.
· Vue by Shannon Bennett: Voted the number one chef in Australia, Shannon Bennett’s signature restaurant is the essence of contemporary French cuisine. With a choice between 3 course ‘Menu Du Jour’ and 7 course ‘Menu Degustation’ and A La Carte menu; this modern and ultra stylish restaurant offers a true fine dining experience.
Closed on Fridays, Ramadan and public holidays.
· Al Khiran Terrace Restaurant: Overlooking the Gulf of Oman, the award winning Al Khiran is Al Bustan’s all day indoor and outdoor dining restaurant. Serving a scrumptious buffet breakfast and an international lunch buffet with live cooking stations there is plenty of choice for everyone.
For dinner, guests can enjoy the special themed buffet nights on a daily basis. An a la carte menu is also available.
· China Mood Restaurant: Serving authentic Chinese cuisine in the heart of Oman, China Mood has claimed its position as one of the top Asian restaurants in the region.
The kitchen team has been specially recruited from China to guarantee authenticity in the food preparation and the right mix of flavours. Open for lunch and dinner.
· Beach Pavilion Restaurant & Bar: Set by the sea, Beach Pavilion is an outdoor and indoor speciality restaurant serving the freshest local seafood and the finest imported fish which is flown-in especially. Dining beneath the stars is also a breathtaking experience for Al Bustan guests. Open for lunch and dinner.
· Al Maha Piano Bar: Offering live entertainment by a Brazilian duo, Al Maha Piano Bar is ideal for enjoying a relaxing evening. This locale serves specially prepared cocktails and drinks as well as light meals for lunch or dinner.
· Atrium Tea Lounge: The 38 meter high Atrium is world renowned for its English High Tea. Open all day, the Atrium serves a variety of uniquely flavoured teas infusing a modern twist into this traditional indulgence.
· Seblat Al Bustan: A unique taste of Omani cuisine for an enriching local experience. Ever Sunday evening Seblat Al Bustan unveils an authentic Omani night with the ambiance of a Bedouin village. Omani folkloric music and dance as well as art and craft stands bring guests closer to the Sultanate. (From October to April – closed in summer)
PALATIAL GROUNDS & RECREATION FACILITIES
After the renovation, the hotel’s spectacular beachfront is transformed into a one-of-a-kind environment. From lush vegetation in the gardens and beach, to the creation of an extensive network of water features, including an infinity pool, lagoons and fountains; the area around the hotel will offer a feeling of scale with ample opportunity for guests to relax in absolute privacy.
· One kilometre private beach – Longest in Oman
· 200 acres of landscaped gardens
· Temperature controlled infinity pool, 50 meters long
· Four Lagoon pools
· Changing rooms, shower facilities
· Beach/garden/pool umbrellas and towels
· Sailing / Windsurfing / Snorkelling
· Tennis Village with 4 floodlit tennis courts, with resident coach (October to May)
· Children pool
· Children playground
· Private boat charters, sightseeing, dolphin watching can all be arranged
· Jogging trail
· Scuba Diving can be arranged at the Oman Dive Centre
· Fully equipped state-of-the-art Gymnasium (175 sqm)
· Sauna and steam rooms, separate for ladies and gents
· Aerobic studio (55 sqm)
· Wellness Rooms with variety of massages: Swedish, Chinese, Balinese, Thai, Reflexology, Foot Spa
· Activities Coordinator with a variety of Body & Soul activities
· Daily Kids activities for children from 05 to 11 years of age.
Exclusively on offer for all suite guests. Some of the services available include: suitcase packing and unpacking, wardrobe organising, itinerary planning, in-room dining, tours and restaurant bookings, as well as escorting guests within the hotel.